By: Sue Anganes
Sometimes when it gets super hot and muggy I don’t feel much like eating, or even cooking for that matter. Here’s a recipe that’s super easy to make and is also healthy. It’s great for a light lunch, or an afternoon snack. I love to eat it with pita chips, pita bread, or veggies. In Greece, it’s eaten as a compliment to grilled lamb, gyros, roasted chicken, or falafel.
– 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, grated, and drained ( I use a food processor to shred it. Some people just chop it in a food processor or by hand)
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
– 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
– Salt to taste
– Oil to garnish
1. Squeeze out the grated cucumber to extract as much water as possible.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Taste for salt and lemon and add more if desired.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to let the flavors combine.
4. Drizzle with olive oil when ready to serve. Enjoy!