Why I Love Being A Mom…

Home Forums MV Moms Why I Love Being A Mom…

This topic contains 21 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  mommymayI 1 year ago.

• Posted in: MV Moms
  • February 2, 2015 at 6:21 pm #3920

Congratulations, Moms! You’ve made it to the OurCircleofMom.com online forum. This forum is here for you to connect with other local moms and share stories and experiences, ask questions, or offer up some advice to other moms.

But first, do you love being a mom? Share your reason why in this forum topic and you will be automatically entered to win a $250 spa gift package. Sharing is really easy, here’s what you need to do. If you already have a WordPress account, click the pink “log in” tab at the top of your screen and start sharing. If you don’t have an account yet, don’t worry! Registration is quick and painless. Click the pink “Register” tab at the top of your screen; from there you’ll be prompted to enter a username of your choice and your email address. A password will be sent to you immediately. Login with your username and password and you’ll be all ready to share. Once you’ve told us what you love about being a mom you’re automatically entered to win! After you post, take some time to look around the forum and join the conversation. As long as you’re logged in, you can contribute to any of the forums, or feel free to start your own! AND keep checking in to the Our Circle of Moms forum for contest updates and opportunities to win other weekly prizes!!!

We can’t wait to hear your reasons!

• February 2, 2015 at 7:22 pm #3928

I love being a mom. I know it’s a lot of work and it’s tiring one off the most ungrateful jobs out their. But the look on my children’s faces when they wake up in the morning. And the joy and excitement in their faces when we learn a new skill and make new friends. Knowing that I am helping my children to grow up to be the best possible person they can be. Teaching them to love the world they are in and everyone around them. The amazement that comes to me as I watch them grow knowing they are a part of me and I am able to love and help and teach them to be respectful individuals. They have brought out the best in me. They have tought me to slow down and be patient. To look at the world as a better place and to see the best in everyone. My children have made me stronger woman. Not only for the time I carried them in my womb but to work harder and to never give up for what is important to myself and family. To love unconditionally! Why I love being a mom is because no matter how much I fail or think I fail my children love me for me and I’m still important to them and I didn’t fail in their eyes. I did my best and my best is good enough for them.

• February 2, 2015 at 9:14 pm #3932

Being a mom is truly the most rewarding job out there! I love being able to watch my children grow and really come into their own. I learn something new from them everyday and they always keep me on my toes and challenge me to be the best mom I can be!

• February 2, 2015 at 10:38 pm #3934

I love being a mom for so many reasons! My son’s smiles, his laughs, and his pride in learning new things! Every day I’m blown away by the person he is growing into. It’s amazing how I can be having the worst day and then my son will say or do something that just turns everything around!

• February 2, 2015 at 10:53 pm #3936

One of the things I love most about being a mom is watching my kids experiencing new things for the first time! It brings me so much joy to watch them experience life in a way that is so simple. They can be so innocent sometimes and it’s refreshing when we’re so bombarded with negative things.

• February 3, 2015 at 4:11 pm #3937

I Love being a Mom because it is incredibly humbling. Every day is a new opportunity to learn, grow and get a little bit better than the day before – for me and my kids! There are many days I start out knowing exactly what I’m going to do or say or teach, but on those same nights, I usually go to bed thinking, “Hmmm, that didn’t turn out like I planned and that was a teachable moment for me too! Tomorrow will be a new adventure.” Like life, parenting is not scripted, it’s a journey that unfolds for you and your children everyday. Not every day is perfect, but everyday is yours, and that’s good enough for me!

• February 3, 2015 at 4:23 pm #3938

Thanks for all the posts! Keep them coming! We love hearing all your reasons why you love being a mom.

• February 3, 2015 at 4:54 pm #3939

I love being a mom because no matter what is going on at any given time, being with my son and watching him grow and change makes me feel an incredible amount of joy and love I didn’t know was possible.

• February 3, 2015 at 9:30 pm #3943

I love being a mom because it allows me to see the world in a whole new perspective! I love having the chance to see things all shiny and new through my children’s eyes.

• February 4, 2015 at 2:19 pm #3951

Why I love being a mom? Well… I always felt I was born to have a large family. But getting married in my 30’s and having our first daughter at age 31 and the second at age 32, I realized that my family, wouldn’t be as large. And I was just fine with that. My story? Well it’s this really… I have always believed in God, and always believed, being Catholic, that whatever God’s will be done, it would be. I love that I now get to be “child-like” again. A time when innocence is completely evident, When fear is not longer, and when I truly feel like my heart is completely full. From the moment I brought my first daughter home, I knew what my mother meant when she said, “It’s like having your heart walking around outside of your body”. She used to say, “Someday, you’ll understand that pull, and realize how much you love you are truly capable of.” Having had a hard time believing that as a slightly rebellious teen, I can honestly say, and have said, to my mom, I am sorry…. I truly get it now. I love the smell of a newborn… I love rocking my daughters for hours, even now as they are 6 and 8, I still read every night, rock every night, and realize… that in just 9 short years, I will be saying “Good-Bye” …. allowing that first one to fly will be a difficult transition, but here is why I know she will be prepared. I love being a mom, because I teach, mentor, love, giggle, belly-laugh, cry, have heartache, and have a compassion and love for a human being that is so inexplicably unique to being a mom. With every funny moment, or every tear, or the tantrums, I simply look at them and realize I am molding, shaping, and being a “role model”, for my future legacy. When I film the 3 of us in the car, jamming and singing as loudly as possible, I realize that someday, this will be a real embarrassment for them. But, I love every moment of it now. I am in true admiration of my daughters, because they teach me every day to be humble, to slow down, to enjoy the ride, and to completely live WITH THEM, through their day-to-day. I absolutely love knowing that these wonderful young children, with their wild abandonment, and zest for life, keep me young. Keep me appreciating the smaller things, and most of all, remind me to love each day as if it were my last. Every night, is a hug, a story, a re-tell of their day, and I make time for all of it. They bring me absolute joy.

Shelby Boisvert

• February 4, 2015 at 7:10 pm #3959

I love being a mom for many reasons, but a big one is watching how creative my kids can be! I’m always amazed at the games they come up with or the adventures they have together. Also, every time they accomplish something new or overcome some obstacle I think I can actually feel my heart swell with pride. Being able to watch them grown and learn and know that I play a role in developing them into these great people is one of the most rewarding experiences ever.

• February 6, 2015 at 3:17 pm #3978

Why do I love being a mom? That’s a surprisingly difficult question to answer! I have so many reasons… I love being able to see all the best parts of me and my husband in my children. I love being able to watch them play, laugh, learn, get frustrated, and problem solve. I love being able to teach them things and watch them try and navigate this crazy world we live in. I love that the push me and inspire me to be the best I can be.

• February 9, 2015 at 5:17 pm #3984

I love being a mom. Absolutely adore it. I love hearing my son say, “I love you Mom.” I love watching his eyes light up on Christmas morning; love the excitement he had when he learned to ride a bike without training wheels; love seeing the determination in his face when he has a loose tooth. I love knowing that I am raising this little person to grow up to be a kind, funny, athletic, smart man. I love staying in on Saturday nights watching cartoons snuggled up on the couch versus going out on the town. I prefer juice boxes to a glass of wine. And family vacations to “a me day.” Kissing my son and tucking him into bed at the end of each day makes my heart happy. Being a mom is the most blessed gift I could have ever been given.

• February 10, 2015 at 3:05 pm #4001

Being a mom is the most humbling, terrifying, exciting and rewarding job out there. Every day is a learning experience and you never know what is going to happen from one day to the next. I love being a mom because my kids inspire me to be the best person I can possibly be!

• February 17, 2015 at 2:06 pm #4036

I love being a mother simply because everyday when I am able to teach or experience watching my child find joy in even simple tasks I can appreciate her excitement or accomplishment. This week she has been obsessed with writing letters & numbers…at 4 she beams with happiness when she recognizes a letter or number in a sign or advertisement.

• February 18, 2015 at 7:39 pm #4046

Being a mom means the world to me! I love knowing that my kids trust me to teach them and protect them. I love watching my kids accomplish learn how to do things independently and show compassion and understanding for others. I love being able to answer their questions about life and the world around them. I love tucking them in at night and seeing how peaceful they look in their sleep. It’s really the greatest job in the world!

• March 13, 2015 at 2:00 am #4122

I love being a Mom because my children are extensions of both my husband and myself. I really believe they inherited a lot of great things from us. My sense of humor, enjoying adventures, being creative. My husbands determination, calmness, and focus. They allow me to relive all the innocence in the world again like when I was a child and catching grasshoppers, or playing with friends. I truly enjoy seeing the world through their eyes.

• July 8, 2016 at 11:39 am #5341

I love being a dad! There’s nothing like it. Honestly, it’s a kind of unconditional love I’ve never experienced prior to having my daughter come into my life. I take more delight her accomplishments than my own. It is such a joy to watch her grow and become self-reliant. As I said, there’s nothing like it.

• September 2, 2016 at 9:02 am #5488

I love being a dad too. This is a great feeling which always distinguishes your thought from other.

• October 7, 2016 at 6:08 am #5583

Interesting discussion.

• October 19, 2016 at 2:36 pm #5625

I love being a mom because it allows me to constantly learn new things. Mostly to answer all of those “but why, mom” questions. I also get to see my kids learning and growing into their own person and ideologies.

• August 31, 2017 at 11:36 am #6542

I love being a mom because I have amazing kids. They’re not perfect but even when life is hard, I know those smiling, loving faces are waiting for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.