Aging issues

Home Forums Teenagers Aging issues

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mariegray 3 years, 2 months ago.

• August 4, 2017 at 2:01 am #6465

After my husband died, I was depressed. I didn’t go out much, spent most of the time at home in my room alone. The grief affected my physical behavior and my whole being. It’s been about seven months since he passed. His loss caused an emotional trauma in me which then later transformed to mental and physical pain. The bereavement gifted me a churning stomach, a racing heart, shaking, flashbacks, severe back pain (which I thought would be because of lack of movement) and hypersensitivity to noise. I ignored these entirely for the first three months and I tried to overcome my grief and depression. As a part of this, I started taking a session at a clinic in Toronto for depression therapy and joined a physical wellness campaign which includes yoga and other physical activities. Therapy sessions are going on well and now I am able to control my emotions and grief. The back pain and stiffness in joints are becoming worse day by day. I thought maybe it’s because of the depression and laziness I was having but, even after one month of yoga and exercise routines, the pain was not settling. I stopped the yoga sessions last day. The spine pain is elevating when I’m inactive. I went to an orthopedist and did some check-ups. He told me that my spine is fine. Even after daily activities, I feel fatigued and nauseous. I’m living in pain. I read about Ankylosing Spondylitis from a blog in MSN. Could this be the reason for my pain? Or is it an after-effect of the depression I was facing? Kindly share your views regarding this. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.