How to deal with kids dental phobia?

Home Forums School Age Kids How to deal with kids dental phobia?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lausithe 1 year, 1 month ago.

• December 19, 2017 at 5:21 am #6787

My son is 11 years old and is very naughty. I’m fed up of running behind him. He is lazy to wash his mouth after having milk. But he brushes and flosses his mouth 2 times a day. He is very fond of milk and when I ask him to wash his mouth he says that the milk color will help him to have white teeth. I tried to convince him that the milk stains can damage his teeth. But he is not listening to me. His teeth are not pure white in color and he wants to have pearly white teeth. I don’t know what to do with him.
    Last night, he came to me crying because of toothache. When I checked I couldn’t see anything. I applied clove oil and made him sleep that night. But yesterday morning he suffered from the same pain. So I took him to our family doctor and after proper check up he said that my son has cavities. Since I was expecting this, it was not shocking to me. But my son is worried about the situation. He has dental phobia and is afraid to visit the dentist. Our family doctor suggested about sedation dentistry. He said that it will help my son to relieve his anxiety during the entire procedure. My son is relieved after hearing that. So I’m planning to take him to a dental clinic in Mississauga next week. Before that, I would like to know which is the best sedative used during dental treatment? Kindly share your insights. Thanks!

• April 4, 2018 at 7:29 am #6996

You can console him by explaining the friendly approach of the doctor.

• June 30, 2018 at 7:06 am #7180

you can go to the doctor and get the treatment i give you some suggestion why not you add the kid hairstyles and haircuts in your form this is good site i use it many time for my kids this is helpful for you hope you like this site.
    Toddler Boys Haircuts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.