Preschool

Home Forums Toddlers Preschool

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  medman7845 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Posted in: Toddlers
  • February 2, 2015 at 8:37 pm #3931

I’m starting to look into preschools for my youngest who is 3. She is the youngest of five. I’m sitting here looking back my oldest never went to preschool my middle children have. And here I am looking at school again for my youngest am I sending her for a brake to make my life easier? Or am I sending her because she needs to go?

• February 4, 2015 at 7:46 pm #3960

Hi jkkoutso-

To be honest, I think both of those are good reasons to send your youngest to preschool. There’s lots of information out there that supports the fact that preschool helps socialize children and helps prepare them better for kindergarden. Although I didn’t have a choice on whether or not my kids would be in preschool, I really appreciated the fact that their teachers had the patience to handle their curiosity and allowed them to learn in a more structured environment than I would’ve been able to provide. I also don’t think it’s a bad thing to send your child to preschool, even if it’s only for a few hours each week, so you can have a little break. That could be a great time for you to have some “you” time to run errands, clean, shop, relax, etc. You child gets time to learn and play and you get time to yourself- sounds like a win-win to me!

• February 6, 2015 at 5:19 pm #3980

Jkkoutso- I think what your feeling is normal. I think you just need to look at your older children- do you remember any significant differences between the ones who went to preschool and the one who didn’t? If there isn’t then I think it’s just a matter of deciding if this is something you think your daughter would be ready for, enjoy, and benefit from. I also think that a little break is good for every mom!

Let us know what you decide on!

• February 10, 2015 at 9:48 pm #4005

I struggled with the same thing when I was deciding on what to do with my youngest. I knew that I was ready to get back to work after being a stay at home mom for nearly 10 years, but I also didn’t to send her to preschool if it wasn’t the best thing for her (even if it was for me!) In the end, after a lot of thinking and research and meeting with different places, we decided that it really was in her best interest to go to preschool and what really helped is that she really wanted to go! Seeing how easy her transition was into kindergarden was, I feel strongly that I made the right choice to send her to preschool.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.