By: Danielle McFadden
There are so many reasons why I love Amazon. It’s convenient, you can get pretty much anything you are looking for and you can get some great deals! Here are some of the reasons why I visit Amazon on a daily basis and give them a considerable chunk of my paycheck.
Subscribe & Save- You can have household items like your toiletries, coffee, makeup, diapers and wipes delivered every month. Shipping is free and if you select 5 or more items a month you get an additional 15% off. You can cancel anytime. Hot tip: Every month make sure you go to your Subscribe & Save items and check to see if there is a coupon you can ‘clip’ to save even more. I just went to the Pampers I’m buying this month and clipped the coupon located on the listing to save another $2.00 making the item $34.98 instead of $45.97 – not bad!
Amazon Prime- Sign up for a yearly Amazon Prime membership for $99 a year and reap the many benefits. Some of my favorites include:
– Free two-day shipping on thousands of items (you can even select Prime eligible items during your search so you only see items that will ship free).
– Prime Instant Video is Amazon’s version of Netflix giving you access to movies and television – many of which are free.
– Prime Music has thousands of songs and playlists that you can conveniently play through the Amazon Music app.
Amazon Mom- Amazon Mom is another amazing program you can sign up for with your Prime membership. I don’t know what Mom wouldn’t rejoice at receiving 20% off diapers and having them dropped off on her doorstep on a monthly basis. A Few
Money Saving Tips
– If you are a Prime member but don’t need the items you ordered in two days, consider selecting Free No-Rush Shipping. Amazon will give you a $1 credit (once the item ships) good towards an eBook or digital music and videos. It’s a great way to rent a new movie on Prime without having to pay.
– Sign up for a free Ebates account and do all of your online shopping through them. Ebates will give you discounts on some of your favorite websites (including Amazon) and will also give you cash back in the form of a check or a gift card. I always pick an Amazon credit – surprise surprise!
– Follow Hip2Save , Baby Cheapsake, and Clip and Follow on Facebook for dozens of great online deals everyday. I got all of Zoe’s Christmas presents this year for at least 50% off of the retail prices.
Okay, so the secret is out. I love shopping and love getting a bargain even more! If you have an money saving tips, please comment below or send a tweet to @DMcFaddenLowell – it could be the start of a beautiful friendship!