By Tiffany MacKay
So, I went through half a dozen topics to write about for my first blog post and after tossing them aside for various reasons I thought a top ten list might be a humorous and light-hearted start. So here it is…
Top 10 Insights & Lessons Learned about Motherhood
10. Baby clothes sizing means nothing! My 25lb, 30in 10-and-a-half-month old wears anything from 6 month to 12 month clothing.
9. When you bring three times what you need, your child will stay clean and will not need a diaper change.
The minute you decide you can run out with nothing because it is only a quick trip, your child will have a blowout, need several changes of clothes, and need to desperately eat.
8. Just when you think you have gotten a schedule down, your child will tell you otherwise.
7. Introducing solid foods is not just a stage in your child’s development it is also an adventure. It takes the precision and skill worthy of an Army Ranger to navigate the multiple and erratically moving obstacles you encounter on your way to the mouth.
6. Getting ready to go out takes three times longer than you would have ever thought possible.
5. There is nothing better than playing a game of peek-a-boo with your little one to alleviate the stresses of the day.
4. Mom’s beat themselves up, experience guilt, and worry over EVERYTHING we do when it comes to our children.
We need to save our energy for the big things and try not to sweat the small stuff.
3. Everyone has a different opinion about what is “best” or “right” for your child, even the experts. It can be infuriating when you are trying to decipher the bizarre behavior or strange rash your child has. Especially at 2 in the morning.
2. You are no longer important when it comes to family and friends, it is all about the baby.
1. Motherhood is not just a job it is a calling and a rewarding one at that.