By: Danielle McFadden
Here’s an easy vegetable soup recipe that will easily feed a family of 2-4 for a couple of days. What I love about it is that it allows you to clean out your fridge and ‘dump’ veggies, beans, etc. that may go bad if you don’t use them.
– Sauté a finely diced onion in olive oil with garlic, salt, pepper and basil
– Add 1 box of vegetable broth
– A 24oz. can of Kitchen Ready tomatoes (found in the aisle with the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce)
And then add your veggies and beans (you may also need to add more veggie broth) and bring to a boil, then simmer.
Today I used:
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- ½ a can of kidney beans that were leftover from taco night
- An opened can of peas (Zoe requested them last night and then refused to eat them 😉
- A can of chick peas
- ½ a bag of diced cauliflower (also leftover from a previous dinner)
Once you set the burner to simmer, feel free to add fresh spinach and/or kale.
When you serve it, it’s delicious with Parmesan cheese on top.